Grief is an emotion that can weigh heavily upon our heart and mind. Its ongoing affect can be debilitating and block our sense of happiness and hope for the future. It reflects our sense of loss for what was, or what might have been.
Grief can result from:
- loss of a loved one (human or animal)
- breakdown of a relationship, or family unit
- loss of our identity due to motherhood
- loss of connection with our country of origin
- loss of health, or even
- loss of our dreams for our future, or the future of humanity.
When we have a vested interest in a person, a belief, a dream, or situation, we can feel shattered, when it changes or departs:
- the love/positive energy has no where to go, yet the momentum of the love energy continues, and we tend to hold it inside.
- the trauma/shock of the loss causes facets of our soul to become disconnected, and, in some cases, we can feel as though something inside us has died.
11 ways to heal grief:
- Cry – allow yourself the quiet time and space you need. Crying allows you to release the energy. Focus on letting go as you cry. Be kind to yourself and nurture yourself with extra comfort and love.
- Focus on the positive aspects of what you had, rather than what you have lost. Talk about the good memories, and how they have contributed to who you are today.
- If you have lost a loved one, look for a way that you can channel your ‘excess love’ into something meaningful and relevant to you, moving forward. Do it in their name or memory.
- Know that it will get better, and that you will feel better in time. Give yourself, and others, the space, grace, compassion, and love that you need to walk your path of grief.
- If your loved one has passed (human or animal), know that they are still with you in the higher dimensions. When you think of them, they feel that ‘callout’. Look out for signs from them such as feathers, a special song on the radio, a feeling of warmth or sense that they are hugging you. Animals, in particular, stay loyal to you when they have passed over, in my professional experience as a Psychic Medium.
- Express your thoughts or unspoken words by journalling, or speaking to your loved one from your heart. They DO hear you.
- Use crystals such as rose quartz, or apache tears, to help heal your grief. They are particularly effective when you are sleeping. Place them on your bedside table, under your pillow, taped to your chest, or hold in your hand as a comforter.
- Have faith that your loved one is safe. Ask God or Divine Beings (such as Mother Mary, Archangel Azrael – the grief counsellor) to work with you to heal your grief, so that you can feel better.
- Refer to a Spiritual Healer for a Soul Reconnection Healing, to retrieve the facets of your soul which you have ‘lost’, so that your feel more whole, and more able to continue on in your life.
- Know that you will be reunited with your loved ones one day, in glorious fullness.
- See a professional grief counsellor.
Sending you much love,
Helly Beks (FHS)
Forensic Healer, Spiritual Mentor and Angel Intuitive.
Soul Reconnection healing sessions are available from Helly Beks, via Skype or Facetime, regardless of where you are in the world. You can contact Helly by:
- sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- private message http://www.facebook.com/helly.beks
- mobile phone (+61) 0403 018728